It is located in Bystrianko-Valaštiansky mountain range of Horehronské valley, near the village of Bystrá not far from the south bottom of Nízke Tatrry. It was formed in middle trias period by limestone submersed waters of Bystrianka. It consists from Old Cave, Hell Cave and New Cave and it is approximately 2000 m long. Old Cave was discovered in 1923, another parts in year 1926 and 1932. Part of the cave was accessible in years 1939 and 1940. In its present state, the caves are accessible since 1968 in length of 490m. They are used for speleotherapy since 1972.